Adding Smartcontrol card to superport cards

MEDState Notation Repository Forums Hardware Help Archive Adding Smartcontrol card to superport cards

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Med_Support
    ECallen

I have two place preference avoidance boxes (auto guillotine doors) that I had connected and working as part of another system in another room. My assistant moved them into a new room and I tried to set them up on a separate system. I have two superport input cards that each record 16 infrared photo beams, they have jumpers set at 780 and 781, and work fine. I am trying to add the third card as a Smartcontrol 716B card to give 3 outputs to each box (2 doors, shock). Nothing I have tried with jumper switches and the hardware set up installation seems to get this connection to work (neither the output light on the card lights nor door open etc). Any suggestions what my Smart card setting should be and how that should be set in the Hardware utility? Thanks.

Med_Support
    Gary Bamberger

Place Preference Systems almost always have DIG-716B SmartCtrl cards.

How to configure SmartCtrl cards:

Card #           Input Port           Output Offset           Offset Jumpers
    1                    780                     0                               None
    2                    781                     2                               A1
    3                    782                     4                               A2
    4                    783                     6                               A1, A2
    5                    784                     8                               A3
    6                    785                     10                             A1, A3
    7                    786                     12                             A2, A3
    8                    787                     14                             A1, A2, A3
    9                    788                     16                             A4
    10                  789                     18                             A1, A4
    11                  790                     20                             A2, A4
    12                  791                     22                             A1, A2, A4
    13                  792                     24                             A3, A4
    14                  793                     26                             A1, A3, A4
    15                  794                     28                             A2, A3, A4
    16                  795                     30                             A1, A2, A3, A4

SmartCTL cards have an Input Offset Value that is hard coded to -1.
    SmartCTL Cards have an Output Port Value that is hard coded to 792.

The Output Offset is important for creating your Hardware Configuration file.
    The Offset Jumpers configuration is used for changing the offset of the actual cards themselves.

With two SmartCtrl cards you would have:

Card #  Input Port  Output Offset  Offset Jumpers
    1        780            0             None
    2        781            2              A1
    * SmartCtrl cards have an Input Offset Value that is hard coded to -1
    * SmartCtrl Cards have an Output Port Value that is hard coded to 792

So now run the MED-PC Hardware Configuration Utility.  Go to Define | Guided Sequence.  Select the last option “All cards are SmartCtrl cards.”  Enter the number of Boxes, Resolution, and that each card is a DIG-716B.
    Gary

Med_Support
    ECallen

Thanks, but on this system they are not all smartcontrol cards. I have two superport 913 input cards hooked up handling the input from the boxes infrared location sensors. They work fine. I am trying to add a third card which is Smartcontrol card to handle the outputs to the two boxes. That is the one I can’t configure to work.

….

Nevermind, got it. We were using a 716D connection interface panel instead of 716B, which we need because it’s a smartcontrol card we are using for the output. Thanks to Travis for the help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Hardware Help Archive’ is closed to new topics and replies.